Another Round to Win Same Sex Marriage in Maryland

As much as I would love to stay on top of all the latest weddings trends, I have to focus some of my attention on the marriage equality issue in Maryland.  This topic is important and very close to my heart. 

And there is no better way to kick off the new year than to do it with a press conference.  Governor O'Malley started the year off right by the introduction of a new marriage equality bill called the "Civil Marriage Protection Act of 2012."

This bill as before, provides protection to religious organizations, churches, and clergy who do not want to serve same sex couples.

And I had the opportunity to speak at a press conference on January 24, 2012 at Governor O'Malley's mansion in support of  this bill.




And on January 31, 2012, I spoke again at the press conference following the Faith Leaders Prayer Breakfast.




Ministers are uniting for this cause.  Because we recogize that our gay and lesbian people need our help to bring equality to Maryland.   And we are not giving up until justice is equal.



posted by,

Reverend Starlene Joyner Burns
Court Authorized Officiant, Ordained Minister
Marriage Equality Supporter

202.253.3629

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

Weddings in DC, MD and VA with Rev. SJ Burns

© 2012 SJB Ministries LLC






DC Wedding Minister / Maryland Wedding Officiant / VA Marriage Celebrant

My photo
Serving MD, DC, & Northern VA, Washington DC, United States