Gay Marriage in New York - Court Clerks Quit

It's been a while since I wrote about gay marriages.  After the Maryland marriage equality bill was tabled for another year, my enthusiasm disappeared.  And with the win in New York last month, my momentum started returning.

New York has taken the position of being the 6th state to offer same-gender loving couples the opportunity to wed.  Yes, gay marriages will be happening in New York on Sunday, July 24.  This is great news, and I'm happy for all New Yorkers who have waited years for this to happen.

However, there is a sadness to this great victory.  Court clerks are quiting their jobs because they refuse to sign marriage licenses for same-gender loving couples or perform their ceremonies.   These are some bold city clerks, for them to think that pubic discrimination is ok, is just insane.  

With them quiting their jobs, they open the doors for a pleathor of officiants ready to work.   And I'm one of those gay friendly officants ready to perform my job.  I got my authorization to perform marriages in New York on July 12.  Why you might ask, because I love my job, and I love what I do.  And it's my way of showing support for my same-gender loving families. 

I'll be in New York on July 26.  If you're thinking of getting married on that day, send me a message.  I'll be in Manhattan.  
posted by,


Reverend Starlene Joyner Burns
Court Authorized Officiant, Ordained Minister
Marriage Equality Supporter & DC Marriage License Agent

DC: 202.253.3629
NY: 315.292.6732
revsjb@comcast.net
www.startum.com/weddings.htm

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
http://tinyurl.com/2erhsp8
http://twitter.com/#!/revsjb

All vendors featured in Washington DC Weddings with Rev. SJ Burns supports marriage equality.
© 2011 SJB Ministries LLC

DC Wedding Minister / Maryland Wedding Officiant / VA Marriage Celebrant

My photo
Serving MD, DC, & Northern VA, Washington DC, United States