Marriage Equality in Maryland

I know my support for marriage equality have sent many straight couples fleeing from my webpage while questioning my religious integrity. However, my actions are divinely inspired by my love for God and my commitment to serve humankind. I believe in equality for all, because there should never be a privilege class. These feelings are drawn from my own personal experiences as an African American.

When two people are committed to each other and want to raise a family together; no power on earth can ever prevent that from happening. Same sex couples want the same rights that many of us take for granted everyday.


gettoknowusfirst.org

We don't have to worry about not being able to make a critical life or death decision for our spouse.
We don't have to worry about being denied access to him/her during urgent care.
We don't have to worry about getting on our spouse’s health insurance plan; if one should lose his/her job.
We don't have to worry about paying an inheritance tax if our spouse should die.
We don't have to worry about getting survival benefits if one spouse leaves this world before the other.

I believe that God did not call me into service to discriminate against others. God surrounded me with those who needed my support. And it was not meant for me to abandon them because of my own fear of reprisal. On December 25, 2008, I had a dream that showed me the division of churches regarding this issue. In that dream, I saw myself united with other religious leaders in support of marriage equality.

So help me to change the way same gender families are seen. Try seeing them no differently than your own. And keep in mind that it's about equal rights and protection in a Free State.

Would you deny equal rights to someone?  I ask this question of everyone; those who know and those who don't know the pain of discrimination or the feeling of being ostersized. 

Want to help bring change to a Free State, please take action.  Follow this link:  http://actions.friendfactor.org/o/8563/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=184


posted by,
Reverend Starlene Joyner Burns
Court Authorized Officiant, Ordained Minister
Marriage Equality Supporter & DC Marriage License Agent
202.253.3629
revsjb@comcast.net
www.startum.com/weddings.htm

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
http://tinyurl.com/2erhsp8
http://twitter.com/#!/revsjb

All vendors featured in Washington DC Weddings with Rev. SJ Burns supports marriage equality.
© 2011 SJB Ministries LLC

DC Wedding Minister / Maryland Wedding Officiant / VA Marriage Celebrant

My photo
Serving MD, DC, & Northern VA, Washington DC, United States